Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Something sunny ...

Hello there ... crafting time has been virtually non existent these last few months, so I apologize to everyone who came looking for new craft projects recently and only finds travel related posts. My sewing machine has been gathering dust lately but hopefully I can get back to it sometime soon. With a full time and demanding job, and a 2 year old toddler to take care of it's definitely not easy to get much free time these days. Whenever I get a little break I tend to turn to my knitting, and can usually manage a row or two here and there. Also, knitting is portable so it goes with me everywhere...

Here's a little project I started back in the end of July and finally finished last weekend. With the start of Fall it's perfect to brighten my rainy days. Last year I suddenly developed a passion for shawls when I discovered they were so much more practical to wear than scarves. I only had one so far, and used it almost everyday last Winter, so I had planned to knit at least three or four more this season (quite ambitious I know, but well ... at least one is finished now).

Pattern: Henslowe, by Beth Kling
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in Ochre (1 skein - I used almost all of it, maybe 4 or 5 yards remained at the end)
Needles: 3.5 mm
Ravelry project page

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

my mother just made this exact shawl, but in cream. So pretty!

mademoisellealex said...

what a beautiful shawl
congrats
xoxo from paris