Monday, March 24, 2008

long weekend



.. and cold, very cold. Amélie curled up in the sun whenever she could, and Maggie didn't leave her bed near the radiator. I was a busy bee preparing the next batch of wholesale orders but the three days seemed to pass by in a second. However there was time for a few things...



Some girl time, including lots of shopping and afternoon tea at the L.A. Tearoom. Lovely place, but a bit pricey and I've definitely had better tea elsewhere. But the décor, I have to admit, is very nice (and the apple cake was not so bad either)





For trying out new places this was just not our luckiest weekend, I suppose. We've been wanting to try this trendy restaurant for a while now, after reading great reviews everywhere, and I came out a bit disappointed. No doubt the food was very well prepared, and the desserts were to die for, but again I thought it was just a bit too expensive for what you get. However, I am tempted to try their "cozido à portuguesa" lunch buffet one of these sundays...



The home baking was much more successful. After sampling T.'s delicious scones the other day I decided to bake some. I used pesto + cheddar cheese and dried sun tomato paste + pesto rosso for the fillings and they were a huge hit. The first batch we took to a friend's dinner on Friday so I baked a second batch yesterday - adding some olive paste and chopped cherry tomatoes - but I don't have hopes they will be lasting very long.



A quick glimpse of the sewing that went on. Sometimes I can get a bit overwhelmed but working with fabrics is always a pleasure. I also knit quite a bit, which I'll show you later.



And some quick light reading, which is all I can handle these days. Picked it up at the bookstore last week, called by its cover. Who can resist some chic lit that features a knitting club ? Not me, that's for sure. A lot of clichés on this one, but entertaining enough and even made me drop a tear or two (and if I didn't knit already it would make me want to try).

4 comments:

fantasma said...

Muito frio e passou a correr, sim... Eu com gripe, ainda por cima, na 6ª nem pude sair de casa, sniffff...

Kathryn Laughton said...

Hi Tania,

I'm really excited to read your blog, and see all the *beautiful* things you are making. I really identified when you write that it's sometimes overwhelming when you are in the middle of an order but the fabric continues to make you happy. Fabric has a way of keeping me happy even when I'm working hard with it!

Chat Gris said...

Tudo lindo! :)

.. said...

Tea could have been better in the LA Caffé - I was shocked with that trend of bringing *warm* pot of water, cooling all the way and a teabag. Honestly, if they are charging 4.50(?) for a cup of tea, it´s BOILING water at once or it will taste of water only. I am very picky about boiling water and tea :) Very pretty presentation though. But they got to learn to make tea.