Thursday, May 03, 2007

hello there

oh wow, thanks you for all the comments and book advice on the last post. I'm overwhelmed and truly grateful for your response. I've made a list of all the suggestions I haven't read yet (and there are many), and so I'm all set for my summer reading.



I did read The thirteenth tale on my flight here, and it was as enjoyable as my friend had told me it would be. How could I not like a book that mentions "Jane Eyre", "The woman in white" and "Middlemarch" constantly ? This year might not be so dismal when it comes to good books after all ...



Oh, and of course ... the winners of the bookcover give-away are Sarah and Concha. Please send me your addresses, ladies, and I'll mail them out as soon as I'm back home. I'll be doing this more often, by the way, so stay tuned.



And right before I came I had just enough time to whip up this sort of travel pouch. Not as lovely as Eireann's beautiful travel wallets (love those), but at the last minute I felt I needed to have something, anything, to organize all my travel documents and keep them handy inside my bag (you wouldn't believe the time I sometimes spend trying to find my passport or my boarding pass).

So there you go, my latest crafty bit for probably the next couple of weeks (and before you ask, this brazilian project is driving me crazy, and the go live date was just postponed for another week so I might have to stay longer. Suffice to say I'm not having a good day)

13 comments:

jen said...

oh that is just lovely. what wonderful fabrics you have used.

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...

That pouch is wonderful! Gorgeous choices of color!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find your email to send you my information and I don't feel comfortable posting it here. Could you email me at paperfoxling@yahoo.com so that I could send you my information, please? I'm soooooooo excited that I won! I love those bookcovers! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Escalla said...

Sarah: Sorry to butt in but the e-mail is in the shop page: tania.ho[at]gmail.com

And sorry about you having to stay longer :(
We'll definitely have to make a dinner or a craft meeting when you return, to try to make up as best we can :)
The Weather in Portugal is constantly threatening to brighten up, maybe a picnic could come soon :P

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked The Thirteenth Tale, it was one of the best for me this year and I haven't had many.
I hope to see you back soon! :-)

fantasma said...

Yeah, the Thirteenth Tale is really great :)

I love when they do that to the go-live dates... so bad you have to stay there longer (but arrive in time for the wedding, hum?? ;o))

The travel pouch looks great, I really needed something like that... specially with all thr travel I'll be doing next month :s

Anonymous said...

Oh, pena teres de ficar mais tempo.
Mas vai ver que vai correr bem! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, escalla. I wasn't feeling that well last night. Apparently it affected my vision!

Belinha Fernandes said...

Olá!Posso pedir-lhe um voto para a minha Bruxa?Agradecida, mesmo que não vote nela!
Vote aqui na Bruxinha!

Concha said...

WOW I'me so excited! I won a bookcover :) :) :) Thank you so much! Obrigada Tânia!

Anonymous said...

cute!

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful, Tania!! =)

Vera said...

Oh, estava fora e perdi esta tua simpática iniciativa ...
As capas são lindas !
(Já leste "dentes brancos" de zadie smith ?)